Success Factors and Stories:
- We network with other stakeholders to ensure that our beneficiaries get the best assistance possible.
- We focus not only on training but holistic character development as well. This includes life skills, entrepreneurship and skills development.
- We teach our students discipline and the value of hard work.
- Some of our students have gone on to work at 5 star establishments after graduating from our course:
1. Miguell Brett – studied further at Lord Charles hotel and is now a chef on Victoria Cruise ships.
2. Siphelele Mfini – went on to work at a German Owned resturaunt in Stanford.
3. Anthea Van Rooy – works at the One and Only Hotel.
- Students have gone to study Further at Northlink College.
- 5 students formed their own Cooperative which does catering and have since sponsored 3 training courses for the assistant chef program.
Assistant Chef Program:
- To fund 1 person through the course: R 9500.00
- Can also donate Non Perishable food items and Vegetables to be used during practical’s.
- Or protective clothing Items for impoverished students.
Computer skills Program:
- Funding required for 1 person : R 1200.00
- Funding required for 1 person: R 4500 – 1 year.
- Donations of Musical Instruments for students who do not have their own.
- Donation of time, we could use volunteer instructors to assist with training for a small fee.
Ancillary Health Care Program:
- Funding required for 1 Person: R10 000.00
- Donations of stethoscopes and thermometers for students who cannot afford to buy their own.
- Donations of protective equipment or clothing for students.
- Donations of non perishable food items to prepare meals.
- Donation of R 250 can feed 1 child for the duration of the week long holiday program.
Current Funds structure:
- Department of community Safety – funds approximately 60 children for the holiday programs.
- Ikamva: Youth and Entrepreneurship Development Cooperative – subsidizes Assistant Chef training with Funds from CATHSSETA.
- ASLA – funded the computer training of 8 Disabled Women in 2017. (Once Off)
- Regular fund raising for our support and music programs.