TALK FOR PRINCIPALS, TEACHERS, SCHOOL COUNSELLORS AND PARENTS - HOW CAN WE HELP?
Increasing our understanding of Self Harm
The idea of our adolescents self-harming and struggling with thoughts of
suicide fills us with alarm and dread.
This talk aims to provide insight into why certain individuals choose this
form of behaviour and offers strategies around supporting them.
It explores the following themes:
• Understanding humans who hurt themselves
• Taking a closer look at suicidal thoughts
• Making room for the expression of emotional pain
These themes unpack the ways in which we can:
• Potentially identify students in difficulty
• Introduce ourselves as an ally
• Become more mindful of our own reactions and communication patterns
Foundations for Life,
2 Hemyock Road,
DATE & TIME:
Saturday 8 September 2018
9.30 – 11 am
TO BOOK: email email@example.com or call 021-7618144