The Sunflower Fund enjoys Corporate Governance that complies with the law and is on a par with best practice in South African companies.
The Board comprises of members who have technical knowledge and experience in finance, human resources, legal services and healthcare.
The members of the Board are responsible for the oversight and governance of the activities of The Sunflower Fund; however they are not involved in the day to day management of the organisation.
We currently have 7 Board members:
A haematologist, 2 other medical experts, a legal expert, a chartered accountant and 2 business people who also have personal patient history.
- South African Bone Marrow Registry (SABMR)
- South African National Blood Services (SANBS)
- National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS)
- PathCare and Ampath
- Western Province Blood Transfusion Services (WPBTS)
- The Organ Donor Foundation
- American Cancer Society and JSI
- Cancer Alliance
Benefits of a partnership with The Sunflower Fund:
- Major CSI opportunity: you would be in a position to be involved in one of South Africa’s most publicized social responsibility projects.
- Sustainability: you would be involved in the process of building toward one of the most important assets in South Africa and the World. The Registry is an entity of value that will be used continuously as it does not have an expiry date. It is a living legacy.
- Corporate citizenship: There are socio-economic development (SED) opportunities for you which are directly linked to uplifting South Africa’s black youth. By selectively targeting black bone marrow stem cell donors, we are offering the chance of survival to more patients.
- Community outreach projects: An opportunity to Pay It Forward by involving youth and the elderly in post bandana day projects that benefit communities and raise awareness.
Your Logo would appear:
1. On our website www.sunflowerfund.org.za
2. On our Facebook group and page and on our Twitter account.
3. In The Sunflower Fund National newsletter that is sent to a database of over 60 000 subscribers 6x per annum.
4. In our annual report.
5. Mention on all media releases and radio interviews relating to the donation
The Sunflower Fund is registered as follows:
Non-Profit Organisation: 020-728-NPO
Public Benefit Organisation (18A): 18/11/13/158
NPC 2000/008979/08 Date: 17/05/2000
VAT registration number: 4350 236 958
BEE level 4
Mazars - Registered Auditors
ABSA Bank Ltd.
The Sunflower Fund
Account Number: 4051 834 719
Branch Code: 632005 Tokai
REF : CHANGE NAT